Tuesday 19 April 2011

Telly

The telly is marvellous, the telly is good,
The telly makes everyone act as they should.
There’s a man with long hair who bullies and rants,
I’ll behave just like that when I get half a chance.
If it wasn’t for telly then I wouldn’t know,
That some liquids mend hair and some creams make you glow.
I squeal with delight as one man thumps another,
Just wait until I try that out on my brother.
A big yellow M tells me what’s the best food,
We’ll go there tomorrow if only I’m good.
There are cats that can talk and fish that can hum,
And a dog that says “use this when you wipe your bum.”
There are lots of new words telly learns me to say,
When I use them I’m told, “you must not talk that way,”
I sit and watch telly and soak it all up,
It’s as easy as drinking a shake from a cup.
The telly’s my friend, it’s my mum and my dad,
It keeps me from mischief and stops me being sad.
I’m saying all this although I’m only three,
Oh what wonderful things telly’s doing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment